BotHack

BotHack makes getting things done easy and fun. Delving deep into the technoweb, BotHack brings back simple and totally life-altering tips and tricks for managing your information and time. At this wild moment in the development of human-oriented technology, BotHack is your own personal early adopter, here to guide you through the onslaught of the new. The world is full of fascinating problems waiting to be solved: BotHack can help.

Monday, September 12, 2005

BotHack: How to use a rubberband to stop biting your nails

Former nail-biter Ken Norton kicked the habit by wrapping a rubberband around his wrist and snapping it just enough to sting when he thought about chewing on his fingernails:

"At first, I’d remember to snap myself only after I’d started biting. Or I’d snap myself, but chew anyway. But within 48 hours I noticed that I was chewing less and less. For one thing, I was thinking about nailbiting more frequently, and I was reminding myself how much I hated it. Amazingly, the involuntary habit had given way to my voluntary consciousness. Within a week I was done biting, and have never had the problem again (I ditched the rubber band after two weeks). For the first time in my life I had to learn how to clip my nails."
At BotHack we just don't recommend stuff, but we also check them out before recommending. And I stopped chewing my nails within 48 hours. This Hack is highly recommended.

Die Dulci Fruere
Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home