BotHack

BotHack makes getting things done easy and fun. Delving deep into the technoweb, BotHack brings back simple and totally life-altering tips and tricks for managing your information and time. At this wild moment in the development of human-oriented technology, BotHack is your own personal early adopter, here to guide you through the onslaught of the new. The world is full of fascinating problems waiting to be solved: BotHack can help.

Friday, August 12, 2005

OS X Password Manager Roundup

Earlier today I asked friends if they knew of a good password manager for OS X. Turns out there are quite a few—thanks to everyone who sent in a tip or recommendation.

Here’s a list of what I tried:

I’ve spent my afternoon playing around with them and they’re all pretty good. I think any one of these would work for what I’d need it to do. I think my favorite was Wallet with Web Confidential a very close second.

Neither one is free but they both have some very useful functionality that goes beyond remembering passwords.They can hold and secure all sorts of sensitive data; credit cards, serial numbers, lists, etc. and WC has even more features, like password auto generation. But, when it came to using it, I liked the feel and ease-of-use on Wallet a bit better.

The Passwordmaker extension for Firefox is pretty nifty as well. If you wanted something simple to remember online passwords this would be great. It’s got the added benefit of not “storing” your passwords anywhere. It works via a complex process using one-way hash algorithms that I don’t get at all. But it seems to work.

Thanks again for the recommendations!


Die Dulci Fruere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home